2019: What's Coming and What's Still Far Off

Darlings!

I know I've been a bit radio silent lately, and I do apologize. Life has been hectic, I have dogs, I have bills, I have wine-fueled bacchanals late into the evening. It's a struggle, honestly.

But I am still working, and more and more lately, I'm having more ideas than I know what to do with. And since I'm going to pretend that it's still the beginning of the year and not three months into stupid 2019, what better time to share that? Plus what I have in the pipeline this year to boot?

So as to things you can actually look for in the next year or two (Depending on how things go behind the scenes): Get Baked!, which is...well, let's be honest, it's Great British Bake-Off, but with gay romance and a monetary prize at the end of it all. And also a high school reunion, second chance romance that, for various legal reasons, I'm not at liberty to talk too much about. But that one is very personal and special to me, and I'm very, very excited to get it out into the world at large.

But what's exciting me most is the ideas I've been having and playing with.


Yeah, sports romance is on my potential list of exciting things. Not necessarily baseball because I find that sport dull as all get out...although maybe. This lovely young fellow is making a strong case for baseball...

But more likely, it would be hockey, soccer, or boxing.

I'm also tempted to swing off from Get Baked! and do a straight up cooking reality show instead of a baking reality show. That is one hundred percent fueled by me watching Top Chef reruns on Hulu (Did you know they have the entire run? From Season One straight on through.) and being reminded of my intense thirst over Ilan Hall in Season Two.

And I'm also toying with ideas for more standalones, because while a series is great, I love a standalone romance. Self-contained, in, out, get it done. One would be heavier and deal with some real personal fears I don't want to discuss in great detail so as not to spoil the plot, and one is a little more vague, but would be about...puzzle boxes.

I know, that's a weird one. But I think it's exciting. I'm excited about all the ideas that are pouring into me. They're coming at me on the sci-fi/fantasy side, too, which is always nice, though not quite in droves like they are on the romance side of the coin as of late.

Anyway, that's the state of 2019, what to look for, etc, etc. I hope that's all useful for you, or interesting, or hopeful, or some other good thing. Now I have to get back to actual productive work, because it's noon and that hasn't happened yet, and I have a big dinner to make tonight (Roast chicken and Ceasar salad for the win!).

Ta ta for now, darlings,
Raven

Comments